Bostik League Statistician Mike Wilson has provided good news for February- although much of it was a wash out.
Bostik League average attendances are up 11.4% over the season so far, and they even grew by 5% when compared with February 2017, despite thirty fewer matches being played this year than last. Perhaps the biggest surprise given the recent weather is that the figure is only thirty, although of course that doesn’t take into account last weekend where we lost every match apart from three- you’ll see that reflected in the March statistics!
February saw Dulwich Hamlet host our second biggest crowd of the season overall- the 2158 who saw them draw 1-1 with Enfield Town on 17th. It also saw the second biggest crowd of the season for the North Division- the 407 who watched Witham Town take on Heybridge Swifts.
Looking at the season overall, and if we were to make a league table of percentage attendance growth across all three divisions, the top twenty would look like this:
- 1st: Aveley with a rise of 219.7%
- 2nd: Haringey Borough 162.7
- 3rd: Walton Casuals 150%
- 4th: Billericay Town 101.4%
- 5th: Heybridge Swifts 73.3%
- 6th: Bowers & Pitsea 48%
- 7th: Barking 41.3%
- 8th: Brightlingsea Regent 33.7%
- 9th: Dorking Wanderers 33.1%
- =10th: Thurrock and Witham Town 31%
- 12th: Cray Wanderers 30.4%
- 13th: Romford 27.7%
- 14th: Carshalton Athletic 24.5%
- 15th: Tilbury 24.3%
- 16th: Sittingbourne 24%
- 17th: Phoenix Sports 22.9%
- 18th: Norwich United 21.3%
- 19th: Metropolitan Police 18.2%
- 20th: Dulwich Hamlet 16.1%
We’ll have the March statistics at around the same time you start stuffing your face with chocolate eggs!