Family taking charity road to Wembley!
Hampton & Richmond Borough's officials are urging their fans to dig deep for a team of family fundraisers during Saturday's FA Cup clash with Arlesey Town at the Beveree.
Philip Mohan and his children Thomas and Charlotte, pictured, are taking the charitable road all the way to Wembley, literally, in aid of the East Anglian Children's Hospice.
Since starting out with a bucket collection at an Extra-Preliminary Round clash between Felixstowe and Saffron Walden back in August, the trio have been raising funds by following the winners of each tie.
Mohan, a coach at Ipswich Valley Rangers, and his family, followed Felixstowe to Thurrock in the Preliminary Round where they were beaten 3-0 by the Ryman outfit. In September's First Qualifying Round, they saw Thurrock win 2-0 at Bury before switching allegiance to Arlesey Town who beat them 1-0 at home in the Second Qualifying Round.
Mohan says they are all loving their adventure in aid of the hospice and looking forward to trekking all the way to next May's FA Cup Final. "So far we have travelled over 450 miles and raised well over £500 for the children’s hospice," said Mohan. "We have watched some great football, met some generous fans and eaten some dodgy burgers!"
Urging fans to give the trio a warm welcome and support their efforts, Hampton & Richmond spokesman Rob Overfield said: "We hope the Beavers’ well-known family atmosphere makes Philip feel most welcome and that the weather is good and the match is an exciting one. We also hope the fans will be generous for such a deserving cause, whatever the result."
The Mohans have also set up a charity fundraising page for fans to donate to their cause. Visit www.justgiving.com/philip-mohan
- + Saunders steps down at Magpies
- + Ryman South clash on live scores!
- + Striker's historic brace sets new re...
- + Santa's heading to Hartsdown!
- + Tuesday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Log on for live scores on Tuesday ni...
- + Homegrown trio handed long contracts
- + Giant-killers can take revenge for c...
- + Hillians hailed ahead of lunchtime draw
- + FA confirm next level candidates
- + Live scores from Sunday's Ryman Nort...
- + Akurang couldn't wait for winning start
- + View All News