Ingram Whittingham RIP
Ingram held a number of Officer positions with the League over a 26-year period from 1963.
In particular, he was League Secretary from 1971 to 1977 and then Vice Chairman from 1977 to 1989.
Ingram was originally associated with Dorking Football Club until he became Secretary of the Corinthian League, a position he held until taking up a post with the Isthmian League.
Ingram was made a life member of the League in 1984 and was also an Honorary Vice President of London FA. He was Life President of Dorking FC. In latter years Ingram’s biggest claim to fame was appearing as a contestant on Cilla Black’s Blind Date! He showed himself to be what he was – a true gentleman.
As a mark of respect all clubs are asked to observe a one-minute silence before matches on Saturday and all players should wear a black armband during the games.
The funeral will be at Leatherhead Crematorium on Wednesday August 29, at 3.30pm.
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + No room for complacency at leaders
- + Guernsey clash live for fans who hav...
- + United hot-shot reunited with Brown
- + Winning start for loan star at Ram M...
- + Robins told to get tough
- + Debate over Dowson's return to touch...
- + Lottery winner collects his cash!
- + Log on for an FA Cup double!
- + Family comes first for Boylan
- + Tuesday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Manager pays the price for poor start
- + View All News