Ingram Whittingham RIP
In particular, he was League Secretary from 1971 to 1977 and then Vice Chairman from 1977 to 1989.
Ingram was originally associated with Dorking Football Club until he became Secretary of the Corinthian League, a position he held until taking up a post with the Isthmian League.
Ingram was made a life member of the League in 1984 and was also an Honorary Vice President of London FA. He was Life President of Dorking FC. In latter years Ingram’s biggest claim to fame was appearing as a contestant on Cilla Black’s Blind Date! He showed himself to be what he was – a true gentleman.
As a mark of respect all clubs are asked to observe a one-minute silence before matches on Saturday and all players should wear a black armband during the games.
The funeral will be at Leatherhead Crematorium on Wednesday August 29, at 3.30pm.
- + Scantlebury planning on early repayment
- + Super fan sings his heart out ... wi...
- + League clubs to commemorate iconic t...
- + Trophy hunt leads Tuesday's live sco...
- + Cugley reverses roles with Rock star!
- + Log on for live league scores!
- + Teamwork pays off for forces charity
- + Angels ensure early Christmas for or...
- + Saturday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Hillians hot-shot seals dream Januar...
- + Lunchtime starts kick off Saturday's...
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + View All News