Ingram Whittingham RIP
Ingram held a number of Officer positions with the League over a 26-year period from 1963.
In particular, he was League Secretary from 1971 to 1977 and then Vice Chairman from 1977 to 1989.
Ingram was originally associated with Dorking Football Club until he became Secretary of the Corinthian League, a position he held until taking up a post with the Isthmian League.
Ingram was made a life member of the League in 1984 and was also an Honorary Vice President of London FA. He was Life President of Dorking FC. In latter years Ingram’s biggest claim to fame was appearing as a contestant on Cilla Black’s Blind Date! He showed himself to be what he was – a true gentleman.
As a mark of respect all clubs are asked to observe a one-minute silence before matches on Saturday and all players should wear a black armband during the games.
The funeral will be at Leatherhead Crematorium on Wednesday August 29, at 3.30pm.
- + Moatsiders agree Dons deal
- + Log on for Sunday's league and cup a...
- + Saturday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Cup action leads lives scores service
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Cult midfielder now a worldwide star!
- + Number two steps up to succeed Borg
- + Brown's boys are travelling in style!
- + Charity's chance on Non-League Day 2014
- + Manager who never ducks a challenge!
- + Bouncing bosses in the spotlight
- + Golden glove returns to Dockers
- + View All News