Ingram Whittingham RIP
Ingram held a number of Officer positions with the League over a 26-year period from 1963.
In particular, he was League Secretary from 1971 to 1977 and then Vice Chairman from 1977 to 1989.
Ingram was originally associated with Dorking Football Club until he became Secretary of the Corinthian League, a position he held until taking up a post with the Isthmian League.
Ingram was made a life member of the League in 1984 and was also an Honorary Vice President of London FA. He was Life President of Dorking FC. In latter years Ingram’s biggest claim to fame was appearing as a contestant on Cilla Black’s Blind Date! He showed himself to be what he was – a true gentleman.
As a mark of respect all clubs are asked to observe a one-minute silence before matches on Saturday and all players should wear a black armband during the games.
The funeral will be at Leatherhead Crematorium on Wednesday August 29, at 3.30pm.
- + Motty's booked for Bloomfields!
- + Six million viewers set to see Wands
- + Log on for Monday night's action!
- + Voice of football passes away
- + Duty calls for flying secretary Spei...
- + Wilson reunited with former number two
- + Saturday's Premier Division action r...
- + Lunchtime kick off leads live scores...
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Stoppers keeping clean sheets for ch...
- + Rooks race to beat funding deadline
- + Rebels are buzzing over new shirt deal!
- + View All News