Ingram Whittingham RIP
Ingram held a number of Officer positions with the League over a 26-year period from 1963.
In particular, he was League Secretary from 1971 to 1977 and then Vice Chairman from 1977 to 1989.
Ingram was originally associated with Dorking Football Club until he became Secretary of the Corinthian League, a position he held until taking up a post with the Isthmian League.
Ingram was made a life member of the League in 1984 and was also an Honorary Vice President of London FA. He was Life President of Dorking FC. In latter years Ingram’s biggest claim to fame was appearing as a contestant on Cilla Black’s Blind Date! He showed himself to be what he was – a true gentleman.
As a mark of respect all clubs are asked to observe a one-minute silence before matches on Saturday and all players should wear a black armband during the games.
The funeral will be at Leatherhead Crematorium on Wednesday August 29, at 3.30pm.
- + New manager could be in place by Fri...
- + Survival scrap on live scores service
- + Duo return for second spells
- + Tuesday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Minute's applause for former player
- + Monday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Greens hosting Blues on Monday's liv...
- + Happy days for Hawks stalwart!
- + Trophy hunters prepare to confirm be...
- + League forges new partnership for clubs
- + Trophy triple on Sunday's live scores!
- + Saturday's Ryman Premier action review
- + View All News