Tommy helps Tanners move up
The odd ones out were Leatherhead, who started the day in eighth place, and they moved up to fourth thanks to a Tommy Hutchings goal a minute before half-time, enough for a 1-0 victory at Sittingbourne.
Walton Casuals earned their first win of the season, hanging on to beat Worthing 4-3 on the Sussex coast despite a late rally by the hosts.
Casuals romped into a 3-0 half-time lead with two goals from Sol Patterson-Bohner sandwiching one by Liam Holden. It was the 78th minute before Scott Kirkwood’s penalty put Rebels on the scoreboard, and Holden quickly restored the two-goal margin. Kirkwood closed the gap again a minute later and Nick Sullivan’s goal in the 88th minute made it a tense finish.
Whitstable earned their first point of the season in a 2-2 home draw with Horsham, but will feel they should have done better. They were one up in the second minute through Stuart Vahid and 40-year-old veteran Nicky Southall made it 2-0 midway through the half. Darren Lok pulled one back on the hour and a 75th-minute own goal by Rob Gillman handed Hornets a point.
- + Bring a friend and your neighbours too!
- + Action from all three divisions on l...
- + Open invite to back nationwide efforts
- + Saturday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Chairman takes charge after Hams ste...
- + Live scores from across from the Ryman!
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + No room for complacency at leaders
- + Guernsey clash live for fans who hav...
- + United hot-shot reunited with Brown
- + Winning start for loan star at Ram M...
- + Robins told to get tough
- + View All News