Tommy helps Tanners move up
The odd ones out were Leatherhead, who started the day in eighth place, and they moved up to fourth thanks to a Tommy Hutchings goal a minute before half-time, enough for a 1-0 victory at Sittingbourne.
Walton Casuals earned their first win of the season, hanging on to beat Worthing 4-3 on the Sussex coast despite a late rally by the hosts.
Casuals romped into a 3-0 half-time lead with two goals from Sol Patterson-Bohner sandwiching one by Liam Holden. It was the 78th minute before Scott Kirkwood’s penalty put Rebels on the scoreboard, and Holden quickly restored the two-goal margin. Kirkwood closed the gap again a minute later and Nick Sullivan’s goal in the 88th minute made it a tense finish.
Whitstable earned their first point of the season in a 2-2 home draw with Horsham, but will feel they should have done better. They were one up in the second minute through Stuart Vahid and 40-year-old veteran Nicky Southall made it 2-0 midway through the half. Darren Lok pulled one back on the hour and a 75th-minute own goal by Rob Gillman handed Hornets a point.
- + Hot-shot Hope breaks all-time record
- + Latest reverse ends Massey era
- + Politician honoured as new club patron
- + Live scores from Woodside Road!
- + Tuesday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Wilkins gets off to winning start
- + Log on for league and cup action!
- + Motty and his mates blow away Bloomf...
- + Log on for the action from Kingsmeadow
- + Plum ties for three out of four Ryma...
- + The Transfer List
- + Cup and league action on live scores!
- + View All News