This is the Bostik version of Sally Traffic here, with an update for this weekend.
As part of the works to upgrade the M20 to a Smart Motorway (they are turning the hard shoulder into an extra lane, not sending traffic cones to university), the motorway will be closed between junction 4 at Leybourne and 6 at Maidstone. There will be diversions in place, and the Highways Agency are advising of 'significant delays on surrounding roads.'
This may impact on:
- Burgess Hill Town fans travelling to Folkestone Invicta
- Margate fans on their way to Worthing
- Cray Wanderers fans on their way to Ashford United
- Herne Bay fans on their way to Horsham
- Whyteleafe fans on their way to Sittingbourne
- Faversham Town fans travelling to Three Bridges
The A2 may be an alternative, but it will be far busier than usual as a consequence of these works.
Moving over to the rail network, Enfield Town fans travelling to Lewes will have to contend with a bus service from Haywards Heath.
Thanks to Neil Pilcher at Folkestone Invicta for the heads up!