K's continue to be special- whilst Ambers beat the Reds

By Ian Townsend

Kingstonian win again, Cheshunt go third, and Sudbury come out on top in a eight goal thriller. It's our round up of Tuesday's action.

Kingstonian started the season amongst the title favourites after strengthening impressively during the summer, and after a slow start Leigh Dynan's men are proving that it is a marathon, not a sprint. Last night their sixth win in ten games- a period that includes only two defeats- lifted them to fourth place in the Premier Division.

Wingate & Finchley were the hosts, and they continued to stutter under management duo Nicky Storey and Glenn Little, perhaps most worryingly conceding four goals for the third time in the last four league matches. The first came from James Daly, who scored from the spot after 23 minutes, and in the second half the floodgates opened, with Delano Sam-Yorke getting two and Manolis Gogonas the other to leave the final score at 0-4 in the K's favour.

The North Division has two matches and eleven goals. Most of them- 8- came at the King's Marsh Stadium, where an extraordinary first fifty minutes saw AFC Sudbury roar into a three goal lead, only to be pegged back to 3-3 by Brentwood Town before finding the net twice more late on to seal victory. Callum Harrison and a double from Phil Kelly saw the hosts three up after only a quarter of an hour, but Kojo Apenteng and Charlee Hughes had reduced the arrears by the break, and Brentwood equalised through Ryan Mallett five minutes after the break. Eleven minutes from time Sudbury went back in front as Kelly secured his hat trick, before Harrison's second made the score look a little more comfortable in added time. AFC Sudbury have now lost only one of their last eight, and move up to ninth in the table.

At Chadfields Marc Harrison was looking for his first win as Tilbury manager- and he got it, too, the Dockers walloping sorry Witham Town 3-0. Lewis Smith, George Sykes and Oliver Spooner found the net as the home side increased the gap between themselves and bottom side Town to six points. Witham look deep in crisis, picking up only two points from their last thirty.

Cheshunt climbed to third place in the South Central Division with a 2-0 win over Bracknell Town. Both goals came in the last seven minutes, and both came from Oluwole Akinsanya- and you can read the programme from that match here. It was the Ambers first win in five, but it puts them only a point behind their visitors and only two points off the top spot.

Uxbridge are up to 9th, a Zaine Gangedeen goal late on the difference as they defeated Molesey 1-0. You can find the programme for that match here.

There were aso three matches in the Velocity Trophy- there should have been four, but sadly AFC Hornchurch v Chipstead was called off due to a waterlogged pitch. At the Pilot Field Tom Bird and Calum Davies gave Merstham a narrow victory over Hastings United, for whom Jahmal Howlett-Mundle found the net, whilst the match between second and third in the Premier Division ended all square after 90 minutes, as Tonbridge Angels travelled to Worthing. Liam King gave Angels a first half lead, Sam Rents equalised in the second, and finally the Mackerel Men won 3-2 on penalties to go through to the next round. Second half goals from Adam Yusuff and Finn O'Mara gave Folkestone Invicta victory over Hayes & Yeading United.

We've two matches tonight. Leatherhead host Burgess Hill Town at Fetcham Grove, whilst Herne Bay head to Guernsey.

Where next?

Rooks nominated for Community Heroes Award Lewes volunteers in line for Sussex honours
Gate bring in a wide man Margate sign Dartford winger on loan

The Isthmian Football League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.