Ramsgate FC's application to replace their pitch at the Southwood Stadium with a state of the art 3G surface has reached the public consultation stage, and the club have asked supporters to head to the Thanet planning page and register their support.
In an article published on social media, they explain:
After months of planning, we are extremely excited to be able to introduce our next project, which will give the residents of Thanet a facility to match their enthusiasm for football and sport in general.
We are committed to providing the absolute best resources for our members as well as the wider public. With this in mind, we aim to convert Southwood’s turf into an artificial surface this coming summer.
Our application has now reached the public consultation stage, where your feedback could be crucial in the decision-making process. It would be fantastic if you could register via the link below and leave a very short line or paragraph of support for the project.
It is our belief that having a state of the art facility in the middle of Ramsgate will support the community in many ways, including the following:
· Increase access to first class sporting facilities for the people of Thanet
· Enable many free hours of usage for the local community. Including parent/baby/Toddler groups, school PE sessions and sports games, exercise classes, education opportunities and much more
· Huge improvement on current facilities
· An opportunity to increase our children’s enjoyment of the game
· Provide potential employment opportunities for the area
· Allow club to grow niche areas of the sport including walking football
· Will stop lots of games, for people of all ages, being cancelled
· Will provide multi sport opportunities
· Will mean that many planned community and education projects can proceed in Thanet
You can view the application and register support by heading here.