Another award for Robins
They added the prestigious accolade to the Surrey FA Community Club of the Year award, which they won a few weeks ago.
The club, which currently has two senior men's teams, seven ladies/girls teams, 35 youth/junior teams in total, two male academy teams, one female academy team and two U18 teams, will now move forward and be part of the FA National Awards taking place in September.
“Carshalton’s motto is ‘Your Community, Your Club’ and we are proud to honour it,” said a Surrey FA statement. “There is a belief throughout the club that, through football, the community can be brought together and it can make a positive difference to the lives of people from every facet of the local area.”
The club is immensely proud of all its volunteers and management staff, but special thanks go to director of youth and development Paul Williams, junior club secretary Jon Smith, general manager Kelly Anscomb and soccer school head coach Steve Harvey who have all steered Carshalton’s youth development to its current standing.
“It's been a long haul turning the club around to what it is today and many good people have worked very hard to achieve it. I am so pleased for everyone involved,” said club owner Paul Dipre.
The award was given out by current Crystal Palace assistant manager Lennie Lawrence, himself a former Robin, who has managed over 1,000 professional matches.
“It is great that all the hard work that goes into running the club has been recognised with this fantastic award,” said club secretary John Kistner. “It was also a great evening and we look forward to attending the FA Nationals.”
Members of the Carshalton delegation also scooped two of the raffle prizes on offer throughout the night as £165 was raised for children’s charity The Rainbow Trust.
- + Sunday operation after double break
- + Saturday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Teen star earns second shot at glory
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Log on from lunchtime for live scores
- + Chairman leads tributes to retiring ...
- + Skipper didn't want to leave Dockers
- + Sponsors sign on for third year running
- + Bean-counting comes with fringe bene...
- + Tune in to the McCann and McMahon show!
- + Temporary duo handed permanent posts
- + Shrimpers chance for defender Bouamrane
- + View All News