Parker's head foils Hornets
Stones, who are among the favourites for the Ryman Premier title, were without several key players including goal ace Richard Jolly. They fell behind early but new goalkeeper Rikki Banks denied Watford any further goals and Parker headed home Peter Dean’s corner (pictured courtesy of Steve Foster/Wealdstone FC) to square it.
Hendon took a 2-0 half-time lead against Hayes & Yeading through Scott Shulton and Bradley Watkins but were eventually beaten 3-2 after making plentiful substitutions. One of the replacements, former Wealdstone keeper Sean Thomas, was returning to action after a lengthy absence through injury but had to go off after a brief appearance.
Carshalton also forfeited the lead. Lewis Taylor put them ahead at Havant & Waterlooville but former Lewes man Christian Nanetti equalised and Havant went on to win 2-1.
New Canvey manager Steve Tilson enjoyed a pleasing first victory. Ashley Dumas and Jay Curran were on target as the islanders beat last season’s Ryman League champions Billericay 2-0.
- + Baker steps down to step up at Earls...
- + Sunday operation after double break
- + Saturday's Ryman Premier action review
- + Teen star earns second shot at glory
- + Log on from lunchtime for live scores
- + Saturday's Transfer List
- + Chairman leads tributes to retiring ...
- + Skipper didn't want to leave Dockers
- + Sponsors sign on for third year running
- + Bean-counting comes with fringe bene...
- + Tune in to the McCann and McMahon show!
- + Temporary duo handed permanent posts
- + View All News