We're asking fans from each of our clubs to answer a series of questions about the past, present and future- and to predict the final league table for 22-23. Time for a trip to South London, which is black and white- according to Roger.
1. Thinking about last season, what were your highlights?
A season of very few highlights for us unfortunately. We did score 7 against Northwood early in the season when we briefly flirted with the top half of the table, but for me the main highlight was our 2-0 win over Sutton Common Rovers at the end of the season when we finally achieved safety. There was a tangible sense of relief at the end of that game.
2. Moving on to your current squad- which players do you think will make a big impact during the 2022-23?
Difficult to say as we have a bit of a revamped squad this season. But Shamal Edwards had a big impact in the last few weeks of last season with his direct running, so hopefully he can carry that good form into this. Also hoping that one or more of our youth players can have a breakthrough season this year as well.
3. Realistically, how do you think you’ll do this season?
I’m still suffering a bit from last season. There is always the “supporters’ hope” at the start of a new season, but realistically I think we will end up mid table.
4. Which matches are you most looking forward to going to- and why?
Looking forward to playing Sutton Common Rovers at Whyteleafe FC this season. Any excuse to visit the Radius Arms!
5. What is your favourite Isthmian away ground?
In this division I have always quite liked going to Leatherhead.
6. Who do you consider your biggest rivals- and why?
All of our traditional rivals are in different leagues this season, so its probably Chipstead who are the nearest club to us. But I wouldn’t really consider that a rivalry.
7. What advice would you give to any away supporter visiting you for the first time?
There is always the attraction of The Shak, where you can get delicious Caribbean food. They get rave reviews from everyone who visits us. And parking can be a bit of an issue for some games, so it’s a good chance for people to try the Tramlink which stops nearby at Mitcham.
8. Who is your favourite player of all time (for your club)- and why?
I could go back 50 years and pick a few players from that era, but if I restrict myself to the last decade or so, I really used to enjoy watching Chace O’Neill. In reality he probably only had one and a half good seasons with us but he was a stylish midfielder with a fantastic work ethic to go along with his skill.
9. Who do you predict will finish in the top five this season?
Chertsey Town, Basingstoke Town, Leatherhead, Merstham, Walton & Hersham
Thanks Roger- right, who's next? If you'd like to represent your club, email Ian at email@example.com and he'll be in touch shortly.