Goals galore as Borough score six, Hamlet four, and Wheatsheaf Park sees eight!

9 months ago By Ian Townsend

It's our Thursday night round up

There were goals galore in the Premier Division last night- and all of them could be rather significant at the sharp end of the season.

Folkestone Invicta dropped to third place, managing to lead three times at Staines Town yet end up with only a point- and that courtesy of an added time equaliser. Elliot Buchanan and Johan Ter Horst for Invicta traded goals in the first half, getting two each as the sides went into the break on level terms. Then in the second half a pearler from Ronnie Dolan put the away side ahead for the third time, but Mo Bettamer put Staines level once more before Buchanan got his hat trick with eight minutes remaining. There was still time for another hattrick, however, that man Ter Horst scrambling the ball home in the fourth minute- of four- of added time. That result leaves Town in eighth place, five points behind fifth place Margate- who visit Wheatsheaf Park on Saturday.

Dulwich Hamlet are a point ahead of Invicta- three behind Billericay- after a comprehensive victory over Dorking Wanderers at Imperial Fields. In front of 551 non-paying supporters- all were allowed in free after the original match last month was abandoned- Hamlet went ahead just after the half hour, Reise Allassani firing home; and they were able to add three more in the second half, an Ash Carew penalty being followed by a Nathan Green piledriver and a Mark Weatherstone finish from five yards. Hamlet entertain Thurrock tomorrow.

Harrow Borough went goal crazy at Earlsmead, and in doing so ensured that Lowestoft Town remain in the mire at the wrong end of the table. When Ryan Moss put Borough ahead in the nineteenth minute there was no sign of the carnage that would follow, but three goals in six second half minutes- a hat trick from George Moore- were soon added to by Ant O’Connor and Charles Banya to put Borough six-nil up and leave the Trawlerboys third from bottom. Second bottom Burgess Hill Town, meanwhile, were playing the last of their games in hand over bottom side Tooting and Mitcham United, entertaining Leatherhead at the Green Elephants Stadium. The Terrors will be heartened by the outcome, as they remain behind the Hillians only on goal difference after a solitary Tom Richards goal gave the Tanners the points- a result which moves them to within four points of a playoff position with three games in hand over fifth place Margate.

In the North Division, Dereham Town’s playoff hopes look to be hanging from a very thin thread after they fell 2-0 at home to Soham Town Rangers. A seventh minute goal from Sam Mulready was added to ten minutes from time by Craig Gillies, a result which sees the Magpies end the night eight points behind sixth place Heybridge Swifts, having played a game more. Swifts were also in action, entertaining second place Potters Bar Town, and that match ended without either side making a breakthrough- a result which leaves Swifts three points clear in the final playoff position, with a match in hand over rivals Maldon & Tiptree. The Scholars remain in second place, but third place Bowers & Pitsea are only three points behind with two matches in hand.

Waltham Abbey and Brentwood Town played out a 1-1 draw, both goals coming in the first half. Shad Ngandu gave the Abbots the lead, only for Tony Stokes to equalise. Abbey remain seventeenth, Brentwood increase the gap between themselves and bottom club Romford to eight points.

There was one match in the South Division, and South Park eased to victory over VCD Athletic with a second half Jack Mazzone double.

Where next?

Bostik Blog: Dockers defence breached as Borough sail on Bostik Blogger Louis Maughan headed to Tilbury. Haringey Borough were the visitors.
Wanderers go to City Hall- with a wheelbarrow! Cray Wanderers visit the Mayor of London

Match centre

Latest photos

The Bostik Football League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.